Sunday, August 23, 2009

Welcome home sunshine

As flight QF32 from Singapore touched down into Sydney airport after being in the air for 6.5 hours, I felt a sigh of relief surprisingly.. I never expect to actually come home after a trip, purely because the paranoia of having a plane crash runs through my mind constanly, I even get to the point where I plan ahead, plan what my friends and family will do, plan what will happen to all my belongings after I've passed... It's a sick, sick feeling that I wish would go away, but I highly doubt this feeling that takes over my body every time I go away, will ever dissappear. I didn't wanna write about it while I was away, because it would make me not stop thinking about it until I'd feel physically sick. Even going on domestic flights, I won't feel as sick, but my heart will still race from takeoff till landing. I've realised, turbluance is one of my worst known enemies, my heart never goes so fast and my stomach never feels so sick when the plane experiences turbulance.
On a final note, all I can say is, I'm glad to be back in Sydney, safe and having that feeling out of my entire body, until the next time I jet off somewhere...

No comments: